Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- The 10,000-year-old ritual of seed saving—an introduction.
- How to kick-start your own seed saving adventure!
- The 9 EASIEST crops to start saving seeds from.
- What’s at stake if you choose NOT to start savings seeds.
- How *massive* garden disasters can yield GOLD!
- 3 myths about hybrid seed varieties.
- How seed-saving has been overcomplicated! (It’s *not* that hard!)
- Connecting with seed exchanges & seed libraries.
About The Speaker:
Bill McDorman is Executive Director of the Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance.
He got his start in the bio-regional seed movement in 1979, when he helped start Garden City Seeds in Missoula, Montana. Since then, he has launched a successful mail-order seed company, authored the book Basic Seed Saving, and co-founded Seed School, a nationally-recognized weeklong training program that has graduated 800 students from around the world.
Bill is a passionate and knowledgeable presenter who inspires his audiences to connect deeply with the world they live in through the ancient tradition of seed saving.
QUESTION: Have you started saving seeds yet? Why or why not? What seeds have you saved to date? Are you planning to try saving anything new in 2017? Leave your thoughts below.