Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- City-living doesn’t have to limit your food-growing abilities.
- Learn the secrets to growing lots of food in small, urban spaces.
- How certain vegetables can MULTIPLE the volume of your harvest.
- Improving soil fertility to increase garden yields.
- How to best space your plants to maximize your harvest.
- Vertical planting solutions. (Grow UP!)
- Fungal compost vs. bacterial compost—which is better!
- Growing more by using FREE, local real estate!
About The Speaker:
After almost losing his life in his twenties, John Kohler realized that you are what you eat—and decided that he wanted to put the best foods in his body. However, after shifting his diet to whole plant foods, he realized that if wanted the BEST foods, he needed to grow them himself.
His challenge? He didn’t live on a farm, but on a standard suburban lot.
So he figured out how to grow the majority of his vegetables on his small urban property—and began sharing his learning journey online. Today his online gardening show has over 332,000 followers, with over 1,200 free episodes getting over 47 million views.
QUESTION: Are you an urban farmer? Tell us about where you’re growing food! How much space are you growing in?