Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
In this presentation, former caterer turned homesteader Laurie Neverman shares her “no fail” basic bread recipe and baking tips, including:
- How to save money by baking your own bread with simple, natural ingredients.
- How to use one easy recipe to make sandwich loafs, buns, or monkey bread.
- The hidden ingredient in commercial breads that may cause reactions in some people. (Hint: it’s NOT gluten!)
- Common mistakes to avoid for a perfect loaf of bread.
- How to store your homemade bread before or after baking for maximum freshness.
- The difference between cooking with organic vs. regular flour.
- How to store your freshly baked bread for maximum shelf life.
About The Speaker:
Laurie Neverman is the creator of Common Sense Homesteading, one of the most popular homesteading sites on the Internet, where she shares tips on gardening, homesteading, home remedies, preparedness, green living and favorite recipes.
Laurie learned to bake from her mom at a young age, and perfected her skills at the family catering business. She encourages readers to enjoy recipes handed down through generations while also learning about healthy eating and working with the best quality ingredients.
QUESTION: Have you ever tried baking bread at home? Do you have any favorite bread baking secrets you’d like to share? Or recipes?