Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- The herbal that’s excellent for strengthening bones, teeth, hair, and nails.
- The “maintenance” herbal that Doug takes for 2 weeks of every month.
- Boundary medicine that’s an excellent gum tightener & teeth cleaner.
- An excellent salve for preventing skin infections.
- The skin-nourishing oil with considerable health benefits.
- A wonderful medicine for women who suffer with menstrual cramps.
- Relieving acute digestive pain and gall bladder pain.
- How to HARMONIZE your skin with the sun—and avoid sunburns!
About The Speaker:
Doug Simons began learning about native plants from his mother. His awareness, knowledge and connection to the plant world has only grown stronger through his life. His learning and practicing of medicine has taken place in the Western U.S., Mexico, Central and South America. Through these travels he has learned from many indigenous cultures, some of which include the Tarahumara, the Tohono O’Odham, and the Navajo.
Doug has spent over 20 years of his life living very primitively—almost wild—in the Sonoran Desert and other wilderness areas. Recently, Doug has been inspired to come out of the wilderness and share this living knowledge.
Doug is the wisdom in the video set “Treating Infections Without Antibiotics,” which teaches natural, simple, and amazingly effective techniques for taking care of wounds, snake bites, sprains, spider bites, and much more. As well, his teachings are featured on “Alternatives to Dentists.”
QUESTION: What traditional remedies have made their way into your life?