Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- The secrets to making your tinctures, teas, glycerites, poultices, vinegars, lotions, salves, herbal pills, electuaries, and more – with confidence.
- The best time to harvest your herbs to guarantee their potency!
- Understanding tinctures: from recipes to dosing.
- Why lotions can be MORE powerful for healing than salves.
- See illustrative photos of wound treatments (WARNING: some graphic!)
About The Speaker:
Dr. Patrick Jones is a practicing veterinarian and clinical herbalist, based out of Buhl, Idaho. As well, he’s the founder of the Homegrown Herbalist School of Botanical Medicine.
With veterinary credentials, over the years Dr. Jones has had the opportunity to use herbs on all sorts of cases that would not typically be addressed by herbalists. And the miracles he’s seen have given him evangelical zeal to teach others about herbal medicine. His book The HomeGrown Herbalist and his school emphasize self-reliant herbalism that’s plant-based rather than product based.
With an engaging, down-to-earth teaching style that will having you laughing, expect this presentation to leave you feeling empowered to use these wonderful plants in your daily life.
QUESTION: Do you make any of your own herbal medicine? What are your favorite home remedies that you swear by?