Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- Enjoy a tour of Jerome’s food forest at 7,200 feet, and watch as he prepares various garden beds for winter.
- Hear Jerome’s thoughts on why you shouldn’t harvest everything from your garden.
- Surprising fruits and vegetables that grow well at high altitudes, in cold climates.
- Tips for attracting birds for insect control.
- One of the BEST herbal remedies for seasonal allergies.
- Secrets for lazy seed saving—straight off the plants.
About The Speaker:
A forager and permaculturist with roots in rural Nebraska, Jerome Osentowski lives in a passive solar home he built at 7,200 feet above Colorado’s Roaring Fork Valley.
Director and founder of Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute and a permaculture designer for thirty years, he has built five greenhouses for himself and scores of others for private clients and public schools in the Rockies and beyond.
He makes his living from an intensively cultivated one acre of indoor and outdoor forest garden and plant nursery, which he uses as a backdrop for intensive permaculture and greenhouse design courses. Among his many accomplishments is hosting the longest-running Permaculture Design Course in the world, now at thirty years running.
With an engaging, down-to-earth teaching style that will having you laughing, expect this presentation to leave you feeling empowered to use these wonderful plants in your daily life.
QUESTION: Have you managed to grow anything “surprising” on YOUR property? Tell us about it!