Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- How to build a smokehouse for under $400.
- Blueprint for Leigh’s homemade smokehouse—how it was built.
- See photos of the smokehouse build in progress.
- The #1 smoking method that Leigh recommends for ease & health benefits.
- Tips for preparing your meats for smoking.
- The difference between cooking with smoke vs. grilling and barbequing.
- Cold, warm, and HOT smoking: what’s better?
- Troubleshooting your smokehouse—common problems discussed!
- Managing condensation: tricks and tools to make it easy.
- The art (and science) of controlling temperature in your smokehouse.
About The Speaker:
Meredith is a farmer, butcher, chef, and author of The Ethical Meat Handbook. She has developed a farmer co-op, founded and catalyzed non-profit ventures, grown vegetables, flowers, and meats, owned and managed a retail butcher shop, and more.
Above all, she is committed to real, good food as a means to connect with people, animals, and plants, as well as learn new skills, create intentionally, stay inspired, and experience deliciousness.
QUESTION: Have you ever tried smoking meat? Would you consider building a smokehouse? Why or why not?