Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
Fans of Geoff Lawton will love this NEW never-before-seen look at his journey to create a thriving garden oasis in the desert of Jordan, one of the driest, most salty soiled locations on the planet.
Combining film footage collected over more than a decade, with fresh commentary from Geoff, “Greening The Desert Journey” aims to inspire you with a long-term look at how permaculture can transform a landscape… and dramatically change lives in the process.
- How permaculture can transform the driest, most barren landscape into a thriving food forest that feeds and supports local people.
- Secrets for capturing and retaining water in areas of extreme water scarcity and insecurity.
- Strategically giving nature what she needs to thrive—so that, in turn, humans can harvest what we need to support life.
- Take a deep dive with Geoff Lawton into how nature’s patterns form the basis of successful permaculture design.
- Why nature will always push back when you try to impose straight lines.
- An introduction to the basic patterns of nature, with a look at how they present themselves in the world around you.
About The Speaker:
Geoff Lawton is a world-renowned Permaculture consultant, designer and teacher. Geoff has done thousands of permaculture designs in 6 continents and close to 50 countries around the world. Clients have included private individuals, groups, communities, governments, aid organizations, non-government organizations and multinational companies.
Geoff learned permaculture in 1983 directly from its founder, the legendary Bill Mollison. When Bill Mollison retired, he chose Geoff to establish and direct a new Permaculture Research Institute in Australia. Geoff is still the Managing Director of the non-profit which is expanding into the US, Jordan, Canada, Chile, Turkey, Greece, and Afghanistan.
Geoff has won numerous awards. In 1996 Geoff was accredited with the Permaculture Community Services Award by the Permaculture movement. PRI Australia won the Humanitarian Water & Food Award for 2010 for their initiative “Greening the Desert.”
Geoff is a renowned teacher and has educated over 15,000 students in Permaculture worldwide. Geoff can be reached at www.GeoffLawtonOnline.com to access his training in Permaculture and environmental sustainability.
QUESTION: What’s your favorite takeaway from Geoff’s presentation?