Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- Delicious, easy ways to add edible flowers to your everyday meals.
- 7 Flower-Based Recipes that you can steal to “wow” family with beautiful, tasty, flower-based appetizers, soups, side dishes, and main dishes.
- Decorating your food with flowers: using flowers as garnishes for dishes that include root vegetables, soups, potatoes, eggs, cream cheese, salads, and more.
- When to eat the whole blossom vs. only eat the petals
- Drinks made beautiful with healthy flower garnishes & ice.
- Flowers that boost energy, heal skin, regenerate tissue, act as digestive aids, and more.
About The Speaker:
Kami McBride is the creator of Herbal Kitchen Remedy Solutions, an online course that demystifies the world of herbal medicine and empowers people to use their herb garden for herbal self-care in the home to prevent illness and take care of common ailments.
Also author of The Herbal Kitchen, Kami has developed and taught herbal curriculum for the Complementary and Alternative Medicine department at the University of California, as well as for the California Institute of Integral Studies.
She graduated as a Clinical Herbalist from the Southwest School of Botanical Studies. And over the past 25 years, she has helped thousands of families learn to use herbs and natural remedies so they can be more self-reliant in their health care needs.
QUESTION: Do you grow any edible flowers in your garden? After watching this presentation, are there any you might try growing yourself?