Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- Discover why buckskin is so ideal for making clothes.
- How to make clothes that last 10X longer on the homestead.
- The tanning process—explained in a nutshell.
- Patterns made EASY: using your body or existing clothes.
- How to put together your own buckskin garments.
- The best tools for sewing buckskin.
About The Speaker:
From the first time Woniya Thibeault saw buckskin clothing, she was hooked.
Long fascinated with both the natural world and off-grid living, tanning hides and making them into clothing seemed a natural way to merge these interests and apply them to everyday life.
Woniya has been living off grid, growing most of her own food, storing it without refrigeration, and teaching classes on these and other ancestral and homestead arts for decades. With both a Masters in Environmental Science and a lifetime of practical living, Woniya brings a wealth of experience to her teaching and writing.
Her first book “Buckskin Revolution” is now available in PDF form and hopefully, soon, in print.
QUESTION: Have you ever tried tanning animal hides yourself? Tell us about it! If not, would you consider giving it a try?