Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- How to become a backyard scientist – and let your garden teach you!
- Why you should worry LESS about your gardens.
- Letting nature and experiments lead you to success.
- New, lazy ways to compost.
- How to build garden beds for FREE!
- Why planting fruit trees from SEED is a good idea.
- Why you should test a wide variety of crops.
- David’s recipe for “fertility tea” – to supercharge plant growth!
- How raiding your pantry makes you a better gardener.
About The Speaker:
David The Good is a naturalist, author, and hard-core gardener who has grown his own food since 1984. At age five, he sprouted a bean in a Dixie cup of soil and caught the gardening bug.
Soon after, his dad built an 8’ by 8’ plot for him and David hasn’t stopped growing since. David is the author of four books, writes a regular column for The Ag Mag in North Central Florida, is a Mother Earth News blogger, and has also written for outlets including Backwoods Home, Survival Blog, The Prepper Project and Self-Reliance Magazine.
David is a Christian, an artist, a husband, a father of seven, a cigar-smoker, and an unrepentant economics junkie who now lives somewhere near the equator on a productive cocoa farm.
QUESTION: What gardening experiments have you tried? What were the results?