Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- Preparing thistle greens for an ENERGIZING, deeply nutritious juice.
- How to use thistle root for chai tea.
- The alkaline health benefits of thistle.
- How to harvest & eat thistle stalk like celery (a delicacy)!
- Yum… a delicious thistle chocolate truffle recipe.
- Easy-to-make thistle chewing gum—it even cleans your teeth.
- Use thistle seeds (packed with nutrition) to make milk and bread.
- How to grow mushrooms on thistle stalks.
- Most popular drink at the local market—a thistle root chai tea recipe.
About The Author:
Katrina Blair is the founder of Turtle Lake Refuge in 1998, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to celebrate the connections between personal health and wild lands.
She has taught sustainable living practices through John F. Kennedy University, San Juan College in Farmington, NM, and Fort Lewis College in Durango, CO. She teaches internationally at retreats, festivals, and educational and healing events.
She is also the author of “The Wild Wisdom of Weeds: 13 Essential Plants for Human Survival.” As well as “Local Wild Life: Turtle Lake Refuge’s Recipes for Living Deep.”
QUESTION: What’s your favorite takeaway from Katrina’s presentation?