Great Big Ideas & Takeaways:
- Harness the sun’s energy to cook, bake, and roast food.
- Purifying water using the power of the sun.
- Reduce your utility bills while learning how to cook off grid.
- Never worry about burning dinner again.
- Naturally dehydrate fruits & vegetables using the sun.
- Making your own meat jerkies using a sun oven.
- Baking bread using the sun—easy and DELICIOUS!
- Cooking a 21lb turkey in your sun oven.
- Tricks like how to make hard boiled eggs easy to peel.
- How to salvage stored grains that are infested with insects.
About The Speaker:
Paul Munsen is the president of Sun Ovens International. For the past 18 years, Paul has devoted his life to sharing fundamental Sun Oven Cooking techniques with people all over the world. Paul has been involved in solar cooking projects and taught solar cooking on five continents.
Sun Ovens are made in the USA and the company is committed to helping people in the US prepare for emergencies and save energy while using a portion of the proceeds to work in third world countries.
Paul has addressed the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development at the UN Headquarters in New York. He is the past-president of the Illinois Society for International Development, and a member of Solar Cookers International and the Illinois Solar Energy Association.
QUESTION: What kind of off-grid cooking have you tried?